Khizhnyak Denis Sergeyevich, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of forensic science, Saratov State Law Academy (1 Volskaya street, Saratov, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Forensic activities are multifaceted and subject to constant changes, which lead to the necessity of consideration of forensic (investigation) situations of different types. The study of these situations has a methodological significance for forensic science and practice.
Materials and methods. The research material included theoretical provisions set forth in the forensic scholars’ books devoted to the problems of forensic situations and transnational crimes. Based on the scientific method of analysis and comparison of different points of view of scholars in the sphere of forensic (investigation) situations and the heuristic method of study of the peculiarities of transnational forensic (investigation) situations, the author substantiated specificity of the latter.
Results. Consideration of specificity and diversity of manifestations of transnational forensic (investigation) situations with their phased nature allowed the author to give the definition of a transnational forensic (investigation) situation, which is largely controversial in forensic science, as it is often replaced with the taxonomy of its kinds.
Conclusions. The specific nature of the transnational forensic (investigation) situation should be considered in close connection with the nature of its informational components.
1. Belkin R. S. Ocherki kriminalisticheskoy taktiki: ucheb. posobie [Essays on cforensic tactics: tutorial]. Volgograd: Izd-vo VSSh MVD RF, 1993, 200 p.
2. Gerasimov I. F. Nekotorye problemy raskrytiya prestupleniy [Some problems of crime detection]. Sverdlovsk: Sredne-Ural'skoe kn. izd-vo, 1976, 184 p.
3. Konovalova V. E., Shepit'ko V. Yu. Kriminalisticheskaya taktika: teorii i tendentsii: ucheb. posobie [Forensic tactics: theories and trends: tutorial]. Kharkov: Grif, 1997, 256 p.
4. Zorin G. A. Teoreticheskie osnovy kriminalistiki [Theory of criminal science]. Minsk: Amalfeya, 2000, 416 p.
5. Nurbekov I. M. Organizatsiya i taktika vzaimodeystviya s inostrannymi kompetentnymi organami pri rassledovanii prestupleniy mezhdunarodnogo kharaktera: monogr.[Organization and tactics of interrelation with foreign competent authorities in detection of international crimes:monograph].Moscow:Yurlitinform,2012,248p.
6. Belkin R. S. Kriminalistika: problemy, tendentsii, perspektivy. Ot teorii – k praktike [Criminal science: problems, trends, prospects. From theory – to practice]. Moscow: Yurid. lit., 1988, 304 p.
7. Khizhnyak D. S. Vestnik Saratovskoy gosudarstvennoy yuridicheskoy akademii [Bulletim of Saratov State Law Academy]. 2012, no. 4, pp. 161–167.